Who Should Participate ?
- Are you looking for practical experiences around agile or the future of work?
- Do you already have some work experience? Or are you a student or starter with lots of enthusiasm and energy?
- Are you searching for something that counts? Something that is also relevant for society beyond your organisation?
- Do you like to learn by doing?
- And perhaps most importantly: Do you want to act and not just listen?
Whether you are a staff member, working in "the business" or "IT", HR, finance or any other department, if you want to experience the power of entre/intrapreneurship, the babel journey is for you!
As Team Member
Everybody is talking about agile. But are you also wondering how tools and methods like scrum, kanban, daily standup, … can be applied beyond software development?
Many people are trying out new ways of working, creating the future of work. But wat does it mean to you? Do concepts like “self management” and discovering a joint purpose trigger you?
Many conferences and trainings focus on these topics today by explaining what they are all about and how they work. We want to offer you something different. An opportunity not only to get inspired, but also to take a deep dive in discovering how business agility works in all its perspectives. This way, you can really learn and experience it all and find out how to take it back to your daily activities and life.
During a one year journey, you will learn on several levels and in several domains. You will grow your skills and capabilities, but you will also grow as a person.
What you'll get
- Inspiration and practice
- Learn to collaborate, starting from a common goal (that impacts our society and environment)
- Learn what makes a successful team, and experience how to achieve the best with your team
- Discover the secret of turning diversity into complementarity
- Receive and give feedback that moves you and your peers forward during your journey
- Experience an approach of continuous discovery and product hypothesis validation
- Learn how financials and business cases can enable and not stifle innovation
- Come out into the world and present your concept or solution
- Dare to fail, stand up and apply your learnings
Ready to Join?
Participate in the babel journey.
Investing in the growth and development of your employees is important. That’s a given. And yet, HR directors, managers and executives question the return of sending people to conferences and short training interventions. What do they actually learn and how do they bring it back to the organisation?
The world of work needs to adapt to a more volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous context. Traditional training and education has not really prepared us for this task.
We offer a journey. Not the traditional conference or training day, but an immersive learning journey into agile working. Because we believe that before doing the things you learn, you need to learn them by doing them. So we focus on learning through practice and experience, in a timeboxed approach, with a limited but focused effort to make sure that your investment will offer your organisation an immediate and tangible return.
For us, agile is not just a method to deliver work faster. It is a mindset, a way of looking at business and organisational design. It’s about creating contexts that overcome complexity and silo-working. It needs to be experienced, not thaught.
What you'll get
- An immersive learning experience for your employees
- Mutual benefits from working in a team with people from other organisations
- A whole year of coaching by 4 experienced coaches
- Throughout the journey, participants will be stimulated to appply their learnings at work and share their feedback
- A reflection with you and your participants on their personal journey and how they can integrate it into their personal and professional life.
Ready to Join?
Let your people participate in the babel journey.
The babel journey offers an immersive learning experience that teaches companies core business agility concepts. Participating organisations benefit from this experience as their employees will bring back lessons learned, and applied, on agile thinking, design thinking, team dynamics and collaboration, and so on.
The journey starts when up to 10 participating teams of 5 people each select a topic to work on. These topics will be socially relevant problems or opportunities.
The journey in itself consists of two events (with approximately 100 - 150 attendees) and a series of coaching sessions and meetups (with approximately 50 attendees):
- A public opening event with inspiring talks, topic selection and team composition.
- A public closing event where the results and learnings will be shared.
- In between these events, all teams will be going through 10 coaching sessions. 5 of these will be combined with a public meetup.
As a sponsor, you can help make this journey a success for our teams.
What you'll get
- Brand visibility
You will have options to present yourself during the various events and will be mentioned on our website and in all communications of the babel journey: mailings, social sharing, ….
- Networking opportunities
At each event, you can connect with the various teams and interested professionals.
- Community goodwill
You publicly support socially relevant projects and are visible at the forefront of business agility learning in Belgium. You demonstrate that you are making intrapreneurship, employee empowerment and corporate social responsibility a reality.
What you can help us with
- Locations where we can host the coaching sessions for about 40 - 50 people.
- Locations where we can host meetups for about 50 people.
- Locations where we can host the two main events for about 100-150 attendees.
- Startup budget for validation purposes: €1.000 per team.
Interested to support the babel journey?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe for Updates
Subscribe and be the first to know about the babel journey and our upcoming events.